We’re diving into the year post-SKO by focusing on how top sales organizations can leverage their sales managers after kickoff. Part one of our three part series focuses on providing your sales managers the right tools for success. After all, you wouldn’t send your star running back into the game without cleats would you? Stay tuned for parts two and three coming up next!
It’s really easy to get excited about new sales initiatives during your sales kickoff meeting (SKO), and you probably can’t wait to see your organization skyrocket to success. But before you jump to the finish line, make sure your sales managers are equipped with the right tools to accelerate and coach your sales reps.
Check our list to make sure you’re providing your leaders with the right sales manager tools for success.
Every sales manager needs a solid CRM to stand on. It helps them automate time consuming tasks for their reps, keep track of rep productivity, hold their reps accountable, and track critical data. Did you know just how important an CRM is for your sales managers?
- 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after the meeting, and CRM technology helps sales managers monitor whether their reps are putting in the necessary time to close the deal.
- Nearly 80% of CRM users said their sales team has access to their system. Are you one of the 20% of organizations without access?
Not sure to where to start? Explore these 2017 reviews for top CRM software systems.
2. Mobile Technology
Way too often your sales teams are missing opportunities because they don’t have the right mobile technology to even have a chance. Help your sales managers empower their reps to be faster and more responsive to leads than their competitors by giving them leading mobile technology that allows them to access important company information and data from anywhere.
Think they can wait until they get back to their desk? Check out these stats:
- 50% of buyers choose the vendor that responds first
- Less than 25% of companies who receive web leads respond with a phone call
- A lead that is responded to within 5 minutes is 21 times more likely to be qualified
Get started with any of these 48 top rated apps for sales organizations. And don’t forget about training either. More and more smart sales managers are leveraging sales apps for sales training initiatives, too.
3. Content Creation Technology
No one knows your clients better than the sales reps who talk to them every day, so why are they relying on other people to create their materials? Help your sales managers enable their teams to create customizable powerful presentations themselves. They will never have to attend a meeting unprepared, or search endlessly for other materials again. Don’t think your sales managers could help their teams with access to elearning technology or video recording tools? Check out these statistics:
- 88% of missed opportunities were caused because sales couldn’t find or leverage internal resources.
- Nearly 57% of B2B prospects and customers feel their sales teams were not prepared for their first meeting.
4. Online Coaching Capabilities
You just got finished telling your managers about your big sales coaching initiatives for the year at SKO, but did you really think it through? How are your sales manager going to up their sales coaching game without adding any more time into their day? You need to provide them the right technology tools to increase their time efficiency, and increase the effectiveness of their coaching. Giving them access to online elearning software will help them customize training for reps, provide more frequent coaching touch points and reinforcement, and streamline the sales coaching process so they can focus on the rest of their job too.
Check out why using online coaching technology to improve your sales manager coaching efforts matters:
- Continuous training gives 50% higher net sales per employee, and your sales managers can’t be coaching every rep at every second. Giving them access to coaching technology helps multiply their efforts.
- 33% rated “technology reinforcements and support” as one of the most effective ways for reinforcing new sales skills
- Sales coaching can increase sales productivity by 88%, but sales managers spend less than 5% of their time coaching because of time constraints. Give them coaching technology tools to easily expand their efforts!
Stay tuned for parts two and three of our post-SKO sales manager focused series, where we’ll dive into coaching effectiveness and time management.
Looking for More Sales Manager Tools to Give Your Leaders a Boost After SKO?
- How to Enable Sales Managers During SKO
- 5 Ways to Use Sales Technology to Start 2017 Strong
- How Video is Changing the Sales Training Game