This End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) is a binding legal contract between you (either an individual “You” or a legal entity, “Customer”) and VLinks Media, LLC (“VLM”), and governs your access to and use of (a) the accompanying software and (b) any services, features, or functionalities or information made available by accessing the accompanying software ((a) and (b), collectively, the “Application”). By downloading, installing, accessing or using the Application you will be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, VLM is not willing to grant you any right to use or access the Application. In such event, you may not download, install, access, use or copy the Application. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, your first use of the Application shall irrevocably indicate your agreement to this Agreement.
The Application is licensed to you, not sold. Except for the limited license granted in this Agreement, VLM and its licensors retain all right, title and interest in the Application and all proprietary rights in the Application, including copyrights, patents, trademarks and trade secret rights.
1. OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.1. Please understand that each entity that has been authorized by VLM to use the Application (each, a “Subscriber”) has an agreement with VLM that also governs your use of the Application (a “Subscription Agreement”). In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and the applicable Subscription Agreement, the Subscription Agreement shall control.
- Please understand that each entity that has been authorized by VLM to use the Application (each, a “Subscriber”) has an agreement with VLM that also governs your use of the Application (a “Subscription Agreement”). In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and the applicable Subscription Agreement, the Subscription Agreement shall control.
2. The applicable Subscription Agreement is incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
2. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT
- VLM may update this Agreement from time-to-time and may amend them at any time to incorporate additional rules, policies, procedures and other instructions concerning access to and use of the Application or additional features, materials, products, opportunities, or services that VLM may make available on or through the Application. All such updates and amendments are effective immediately upon notice thereof, which VLM may give by any means, including by posting a revised version of this Agreement or other notice in the Application or by sending you a copy of the revised Agreement by email. In the event that customer cannot or does not agree to changes, this original version of this Agreement will remain in effect for the duration of the Term.
- You should view this Agreement often to stay informed of changes that may affect you, as your continued use of the Application signifies your continuing consent to be bound by this Agreement.
Please be advised that VLM may monitor your use of and access to the Application and website to ensure compliance with this Agreement and any other applicable rules, policies, deadlines and instructions. Moreover, VLM uses Google’s analytics and Google Adwords free conversion features. By using the Application, you expressly consent to such monitoring.
4. REGISTRATION; ACCOUNTS
To access and use certain features, functions and services in the Application, you must have an account (an “Authorized User Account”). In consideration of your access to, and use of, the features, functions and services in the Application, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms in the Application or otherwise requested by VLM or the Subscriber (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your user identification and password (collectively, your “Login Information”); (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to VLM; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account and your Login Information.
- VLM takes such commercially reasonable measures as it deems appropriate to secure and protect information transmitted to and from the Application. Nevertheless, we cannot and do not guarantee that any such transmissions are or will be totally secure. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Login Information that is created or assigned to you for your use in accessing and using the Application, and you are fully responsible for all access and any activity that occurs through use of your Login Information, including any liability for the use, misuse, or unauthorized use of your Login Information.
- You agree to keep your Login Information and other account details confidential, and you further agree not to share them with anyone else. VLM cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized access or use of your Login Information.
- Your Login Information will be your identity for your access to and all of your activity on the Application. Your use of your Login Information shall have the same force and effect as a handwritten signature. It shall bind you for all purposes and shall be deemed admissible as between the parties to the same extent and under the same conditions as other business records originated and maintained in documentary form. You agree not to contest the validity or enforceability of electronic transactions confirmed with Login Information.
6. USER CONDUCT
- In connection with your access to the Application, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies of all relevant jurisdictions. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all applicable local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, among other things, you agree that by or while accessing or using the Application you will not:
• violate this Agreement, including any applicable SaaS Exhibit;
• use the Application for any purpose that is unlawful;
• restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Application;
• represent yourself as another or as a fictitious individual;
• disrupt or interfere with the Application or its operation or availability, or alter or tamper with Content on the Application;
• take any action that imposes or may impose, in VLM’s sole and exclusive discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on VLM’s systems;
• bypass any measures VLM may use to present or restrict access to the Application, or otherwise attempt (by any means) to gain access to data or information that you are not entitled to access;
• import, input, or transmit any data that cannot be exported without prior written government authorization;
• import, input, or transmit any data in violation of a license agreement, contract, or other third party rights
• copy, modify, create derivatives of, decompile, or reverse engineer the Application or take any action to interfere with VLM’s proprietary and intellectual property rights in the Application; and
• import, input, or transmit any information which contains a virus, Trojan horse, worm, or other disabling device or harmful component.
2. The above assurances and commitments by you shall survive termination of this Agreement.
7. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
All rights to the Application and the documentation not specifically granted herein are expressly reserved to VLM. Title and copyrights in and to the Application and its documentation and any copies thereof are owned and remain with VLM. Customer shall obtain no ownership rights, express or implied, or any other rights in SaaS Exhibit and/or the documentation other than those expressly set forth herein. Title to and ownership of any and all modifications thereto, whether by VLM, Customer or a third party, will at all times be and remain the property of VLM.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer will continue to own and VLM will not obtain any ownership interest in, any of its created work, (“Customer’s Confidential Information”), including content, videos, or personal data.
- Feedback. Notwithstanding anything to contrary in Section 7 above, if you provide any suggestions, ideas, inventions, innovations, improvement or enhancement requests, feedback, recommendations, or other information to VLM regarding the Application or any of the services provided by VLM, in whatever form, whether or not patentable or copyrightable or made or conceived solely or jointly with others (collectively, “Feedback”), shall become the property of VLM, and transfers and assigns all rights in the Feedback to VLM.
- Restrictions. Customer agrees not to remove or modify any copyright notice or trademark legend, author attribution, or other notice placed on or contained within the Application or any of the content. Except as expressly authorized by VLM in writing, in no event shall you publish, disclose, reproduce, redistribute, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit, all or any portion of the Application or the content. Customer is not permitted to use any VLM trademarks or service marks without prior written consent. The Application and the content may not otherwise be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work, or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes, without the express prior written permission of VLM. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved to VLM. No other rights or licenses whether express or implied, are conveyed or intended by this Agreement.
VLM reserves the right to terminate this Agreement, or to refuse, restrict, suspend, or discontinue your access to the Application (or any portions, components, modules, or features of the Application) for any reason, or for no reason whatsoever, at any time, without liability with a minimum of 30 day notice. In the event of a termination is voluntarily instigated by VLM, client will receive a refund based on the pro-rated amount for the remaining portion of the term.
Additionally, failure to comply with this Agreement, including your breach of any provision of the applicable agreement, may, among other things, result in VLM terminating your Subscriber’s access to the Application without a refund. In the event Customer terminates the agreement for any reason other than a VLM breech, Customer shall pay to VLM all remaining fees of the agreement in full.
9. SUSPENSION OF APPLICATION
VLM may, at any time, suspend the Application and/or your access to the Application if VLM reasonably believes that such a suspension is necessary to maintain the security or integrity of the Application, or to prevent misuse of the foregoing by any person, including you.
Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless VLM and VLM’s officers, directors, employees, agents and licensors from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of, or in connection with any claim brought by any third party in connection with or arising out of (a) your access to and use of the Application, (b) your submissions, or (c) your violation of this Agreement or its violation of any rights or another. VLM reserves, and you grant to VLM, the right to assume exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you. All rights and duties of indemnification that are set forth herein shall survive termination of this Agreement.
11. FEES AND PAYMENT; SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT – FOR PAYING CUSTOMERS ONLY
- Fees. Customer shall pay VLM the service fees as set forth in the SaaS Exhibit(s). Except as otherwise specified in a SaaS Exhibit, (i) fees are based on services purchased and not actual usage, (ii) payment obligations are non-cancelable and fees paid are non-refundable, provided service is properly rendered by VLM as set forth herein and in accordance with the SaaS Exhibit and (iii) the number of named users purchased cannot be decreased during the relevant subscription term stated on the SaaS Exhibit.
- Service Level Agreement. The SaaS Exhibit shall meet the Availability Requirement defined as Application access and use by Customer an average of at least ninety-five (95%) of the time during each month during the term. In the event VLM fails to achieve the Availability Requirement for a particular month, VLM shall provide a credit equal to eight percent (8%) of the applicable pro-rata monthly fees for the month in which VLM did not achieve the Availability Requirement (the “Service Level Credit”). In the event VLM fails to achieve the Availability Requirement in three (3) consecutive months during any twelve (12) month period during the Term of this agreement, Customer may terminate this agreement upon notice and without further obligation. The Service Level Credits and termination option shall constitute Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy and VLM’s sole and exclusive liability for failure to achieve the Availability Requirement.
- Payment Terms. Subject to modifications set forth in the VLM SaaS Exhibit, the first payment fee and other fees set forth in the SaaS Exhibit(s) are due on the Effective Date; subsequent subscription fee fees and other fees set forth in the SaaS Exhibit(s) are due and payable on the anniversary of the effective date for the duration of the Term. Payment terms for fees other than the initial payment are due upon invoice date net thirty (30). If any payments are not received by the due date, VLM shall notify Customer regarding the late payment. Customer shall have 14 days from day of late payment notification to make payment. If any payments are not received by the late payment notification, then such charges may accrue late interest at the rate of one percent (1%) of the outstanding balance per month from the initial due date, or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is lower, from the date such payment was due until the date paid.
- Taxes. All charges and fees listed on the SaaS Exhibit exclude taxes and mandated withholdings. If VLM is required to pay sales, use, value-added or other taxes resulting from sales made under this Agreement, then such taxes will be billed to and paid by Customer.
- While this Agreement is in effect, VLM, at its expense, will maintain Professional Liability insurance, insuring VLM for Errors and Omissions, with limits of at least two million dollars ($2,000,000) for each occurrence
- VLM will (i) cause its insurers to issue certificates of insurance evidencing that the coverage and policy endorsements required by this Agreement are maintained in force; (ii) provide Customer a copy of certificates of insurance; and (iii) will give Customer not less than thirty (30) days’ written notice before modifying, canceling, or not renewing any policy specified in this Agreement.
- VLM’s obligation to maintain insurance coverage in specified amounts will not act as a limitation on any other liability or obligation that Customer would have under this Agreement.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- THE APPLICATION IS SUPPLIED “AS IS,” “WHERE IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. VLM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, QUIET ENJOYMENT, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. VLM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT APPLICATION WILL BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN APPLICATION WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THE APPLICATION AND ANY OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY VLM HEREUNDER IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- YOUR WIRELESS CARRIER, THE MANUFACTURER AND RETAILER OF YOUR COMPUTING DEVICE, THE DEVELOPER OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM FOR YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, AND THE OPERATOR OF ANY APPLICATION STORE OR SIMILAR SERVICE THROUGH WHICH YOU OBTAIN THE APPLICATION (COLLECTIVELY, THE “THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS”) ARE NOT PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT AND THEY DO NOT OWN AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE APPLICATION.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL VLM OR ITS LICENSORS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF DATA) ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY WITH THIS AGREEMENT, APPLICATION, OR ANY SERVICES RENDERED HEREUNDER, EVEN IF VLM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- No Waiver. No failure or delay by either party in exercising any right, power, or remedy with respect to any of its rights hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof.
- Assignment. Unless by a company merger, name change, or acquisition, this agreement may not be assigned without the written consent of VLM.
- Governing Law; Severability. The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement and the legal relations among the parties to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, excluding that body of law applicable to choice of law. If any provision of this Agreement or the application of any such provision shall be held by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in effect.
- Survival. The following Sections shall survive expiration or termination of this Agreement: 7.4 (Feedback), 10 (Indemnity), 11 (Disclaimer of Warranty), 12 (Limitation of Liability), 13 (General), and any other provision that the Parties reasonably contemplate as remaining in effect after expiration or termination of this Agreement.